Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2011/06/01 15:43:06 UTC

Re: accept/reject block allocations

Patrick,

Yes, that is a new feature in 2.2.1.  There were some parts of the site you
didn't see unless your account had user.adminlevelid set to 3.  I finally
replaced that with an interface on the privileges page.  There are additional
permissions that can be assigned per user group but that don't make sense
having assigned at any specific nodes in the privilege tree.

If you're not seeing the additional tab, you need to create an entry in the
usergrouppriv table.  Find the id of a usergroup of which you are a member and
then create an entry in that table using userprivtypeid = 1.  As an example,
if you are a member of a usergroup whose id is 5, you would do

INSERT INTO usergrouppriv (usergroupid, userprivtypeid) VALUES (5, 1)

After doing that, you'll probably need to log out and then back in.  Then,
you'll see the additional tab on the privileges page.

Josh

On Tuesday May 31, 2011, James Patrick Sigmon wrote:
> Hey Josh,
>
> I'm not seeing any tabs under Privileges (nor do I remember there being
> any).  Is this a new feature (2.2.1)?
>
> -Patrick
>
> On May 27, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Josh Thompson wrote:
- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: accept/reject block allocations

Posted by James Patrick Sigmon <jp...@ncsu.edu>.
Josh,

I'm still running on 2.2.0 as of now.  I'm hesitant to upgrade until after we get out of the proof of concept phase, in case something goes wrong and the system goes down during this critical time.

I believe block allocation management must have been working all along, but I couldn't tell due to the cache issue.  (Checking in Firefox after the database entry gave the illusion that a change had been made).

I'm now having issues with my actual block allocations, but I'll make a new thread for that.

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu