Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jean Deruelle <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 21:27:20 UTC

Mobicents Sip-Servlets 0.1 Released (running on top of Tomcat 5.x)

Hello Tomcat,

Prior to making the announcement, I would like to thank Tomcat
community and contributors since Tomcat is really a pleasure to work
with and nice to extend.
You guys are making a great job, so keep up the good work. I hope that
you won't consider this a as a spam or what not, this is rather a
proof of concept and a way of saying thanks

We are happy to announce Mobicents Sip Servlets v 0.1.

Mobicents Sip Servlets implementation is based on the sip servlets
v1.1 in progess specification (JSR 289) and run currently on top of
Tomcat 5.x.
(upcoming version 0.2 will run on top of Tomcat 6)
The highlights of this release are support for Servlet Loading in
Tomcat 5.x container,
Application Routing, Proxying, B2BUA (currently limited to 2 call
legs), Http Converged Applications, Sessions and Timers and a first
set of examples to get started with.

What is included in this release:
---------------------------------
* Core Mobicents Sip Servlets Server
* Educational examples: Click To Call, Call Blocking - Call Forwarding
(both working standalone or composed), Speed Dial - Location Service
(both working standalone or composed)

Project site :
-------------------
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net

Where to download from?
-----------------------
The distribution can be found on java.net. The main binary package is
Sip-Servlet-0.1_Apache-Tomcat-5.5.25.zip :
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/sip-servlets/trunk/sip-servlets-bootstrap/release/Sip-Servlet-0.1_Apache-Tomcat-5.5.25.zip?rev=370

SVN tag:
----------------
release-0.1

Source repositories:
-------------------
* SVN
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/source/browse/sip-servlets/

How to get started:
-------------------
You'll find online instructions at
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/installation.html on how to get the
server running.
Once the server is running, you'll find online instructions at
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/examples/examples.html to try out
the examples.

Alternatively, there is a README file in the top directory of the zip file.
SIP-SERVLETS-README.txt

Roadmap
---------------------------------
To check our progress and know what lies ahead for the sip servlets
project, please check out
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/roadmap.html

Looking forward to your feedback:

Fwd: Mobicents Sip-Servlets 0.1 Released (running on top of Tomcat 5.x)

Posted by Jean Deruelle <je...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tomcat,

[...]

please feel free to post a mail on the dev list at
dev@sip-servlets.dev.java.net or post an issue in the bugtracker at
https://sip-servlets.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Mobicents Sip Servlets Team