Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2016/04/16 08:04:07 UTC

Discuss River's future

What do you want for River?

1. Care & Maintenance of 2.2 branch, until retirement?
2. Attempt to reinvigorate the project with something new?  Eg: minimalist modular project, not necessarily backward compatible.   + care & maintenance of 2.2 branch?
3. Attic?
4. Attempt to continue project using 2.2 branch only?
5. Something else?

If River is to continue, we need at least 3 active pmc members.

Regards,

Peter.

Sent from my Samsung device.

Re: Discuss River's future

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
+1 what Bryan said, with one exception;

s/IoT/Service Discovery/

But we all have our own itches to scratch and a more modular project setup would help everyone.

Tom

Re: Discuss River's future

Posted by Bryan Thompson <br...@blazegraph.com>.