Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/01 02:48:33 UTC

ImplicitSnitch preferredNodes

Hello Arcadius, Noble,

I have a single Solr cluster setup across two DC's having good connectivity
with below similar configuration and looking to use preferredNodes
feature/rule that search queries executed from DC1 client, uses all dc1
replica's and DC2 client, uses all dc2 replica's.

Bit confused with the current documentation (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8522) on what different steps
needs to be taken care on client and zookeeper side?

Can you please summarize what needs to be executed part of Solrj client
configuration/properties and Zookeeper clusterstate (MODIFYCOLLECTION) to
make this work.  In the meantime I'll take a look on tests closely.

DC1 - 3-dc1 shards replica and 3-dc2 shards replica
DC2 - 3-dc2 shards replica and 3-dc1 shards replica

Thanks,
Susheel