Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2022/01/29 12:36:51 UTC

[VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Hello Dev community

Not a moment too soon, we've finally dispatched the last issues holding
back 1.20!  Here's a big thank you from the release manager to everyone
who helped to push us forward to this point.  I'm sure I'm not the only
one receiving the "When it's coming??" questions. As an interesting bit
of trivia, there have been about 9 months separating recent releases and
it has now been about 8 months since 1.19.  Who knew we were so
consistent ;-) ?

Please vote for or against a feature freeze on the master branch.  I
assume only critical bug or vulnerability fixes get freeze immunity?

Thank you
James

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Great work James!  Thanks everyone for all the work that goes into the release!  We’re almost there!
— C

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by James Turton <ja...@somecomputer.xyz.INVALID>.

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Z0ltrix <z0...@pm.me.INVALID>.
\+1 from me

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
In addition to the vulnerable dependencies, of which H2 does not upgrade
cleanly, there is now another new release blocker:

DRILL-8119 - MongoDB query regression: mem leak and data type error
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-8119>

Regards
James

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hey James,

Re: [VOTE] Freeze for Drill 1.20

Posted by Z0ltrix <z0...@pm.me.INVALID>.
I've been eagerly awaiting the release with the Phoenix connection, so i would like to see the feature freeze.

Regards
Christian

\-------- Original-Nachricht --------