Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Shobhit <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 11:16:27 UTC

OutlinkExtractor is not considering the relative URLs as outlinks.

Hi All,

I am trying to crawl the webpages using Nutch-2.1, but I am not getting
relative urls as outlinks when parsing the HTML content of webpage.

Below is the environment details :

Nutch-2.1
Hadoop-0.20.205
HBase-0.90.6
hbase-gora-0.2.1

Web page is having relative URLs as below :

 </audios/?id=1234123>   </audios/?id=1234124>   </audios/?id=1234125>
</audios/?id=1334126>  When I am trying to extract the outlinks from webpage
then these above urls are getting skipped from OutlinkExtraction logic ,
because of below regex-pattern,
present in OutlinkExtractor.java file

private static final String URL_PATTERN =

"([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9+.-]{1,120}:[A-Za-z0-9/](([A-Za-z0-9$_.+!*,;/?:@&~=-])|%[A-Fa-f0-9]{2}){1,333}(#([a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9$_.+!*,;/?:@&~=%-]{0,1000}))?)";

please let me know if I am looking at correct file or any other solution is
available for this.
your guidence is really appriciated.

http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@lucene.apache.org/msg01285.html

Regards,
Shobhit </audios/?id=1334127>

Re: OutlinkExtractor is not considering the relative URLs as outlinks.

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

> I am trying to crawl the webpages using Nutch-2.1, but I am not getting
> relative urls as outlinks when parsing the HTML content of webpage.

> Web page is having relative URLs as below :

> </audios/?id=1234123>   </audios/?id=1234124>   </audios/?id=1234125>

Is the page HTML? Then outlinks are extracted via markup, e.g.
Relative links are always made absolute.

OutlinkExtractor is only used if there are no outlinks from mark-up.
That is the case for plain text files and other formats without
marked links.

Sebastian