Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Matt Youill <ma...@airmettle.com> on 2021/05/03 07:10:30 UTC

Boost

Hi,

I started getting a strange build failure for thrift this afternoon (no
install target). Digging into it, it looks like boost is the culprit.
Two of the three mirrors for boost are failing and the last doesn't look
like what it should. Namely, these fail to download:

https://dl.bintray.com/ursalabs/arrow-boost/boost_1_71_0.tar.gz

https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/release/1.71.0/source/boost_1_71_0.tar.gz

And this one (that successfully downloads) doesn't look right...

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/archive/boost-1.71.0.tar.gz

AFAICT the arrow build expects it to contain headers, but headers = false.

Matt

Re: Boost

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
That doesn't sound great. Can you open a Jira about this? Offline /
air-gapped installations from source are a use case we'd like to
accommodate within reason, so if it's something we can fix easily,
let's try

Re: Boost

Posted by Matt Youill <ma...@airmettle.com>.

Re: Boost

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: Boost

Posted by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
@Neal It seems like there sourceforge artifacts are missing for boost
1.71.0. But I tried 1.72.0 and it worked.
export ARROW_BOOST_URL="
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.72.0/boost_1_72_0.tar.gz/download
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.72.0/boost_1_72_0.tar.gz/download&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1620161862426000&usg=AFQjCNGaE8t8M40ixkzW4ZaDH3yHAu34vw>
"