Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Duncan Krebs <du...@krebsnet.com> on 2005/07/24 21:14:21 UTC

Undefined component error

I know this seems like a simple error but I can't figure it out. I'm trying
to use the Myfaces date component and pasted the taglib reference in my jsp
just like the example page in the example web app. But when trying to
execute it says component undefined. I looked in the example web app jsf
configuration file and don't see any component declarations which leads me
to believe I should not have to modify my config file to use the component.
I also double checked to see that I have the MyFaces extensions jar in the
classpath and its there. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?
Thanks. - Duncan

Re: Undefined component error

Posted by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net>.
Hi.

> I know this seems like a simple error but I can’t figure it out. I’m
> trying to use the Myfaces date component and pasted the taglib reference
> in my jsp just like the example page in the example web app. But when
> trying to execute it says component undefined. I looked in the example
> web app jsf configuration file and don’t see any component declarations
> which leads me to believe I should not have to modify my config file to
> use the component. I also double checked to see that I have the MyFaces
> extensions jar in the classpath and its there. Does anyone have any
> ideas what I’m missing? Thanks.

Try copying myfaces-config.xml somewhere inside your webapp and add it
to CONFIG_FILES in your web.xml explicitly. Under certain conditions
MyFaces configuration is not loaded automatically (ex. from
Eclipse/Tomcat under Sysdeo plugin, when MyFaces JAR files are outside
of the web app directory).

Bye.
/lexi