Posted to users@camel.apache.org by awillia <an...@fronde.com> on 2011/09/07 00:35:25 UTC

SMPP 2.8 component null pointers

I have moved up to the version 2.8 of the SMPP component but it causes a null
pointer whenever I send a message.

I have tracked it down to SmppProducer calling session.submitShortMessage
passing in submitSm.getOptionalParametes().

In SmppBinding these optional parameters are set if the message is longer
then 255 characters, but if not it is never set. It therefore passes null
into the jsmpp libraries which try to reference it and then throws a null
pointer.

Mayeb I am missing something but for now I have changed SmppProducer to not
pass this paramater which fixes the problem, but just thought you may want
to know.

Antony

Re: SMPP 2.8 component null pointers

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just created a JIRA[1] and submit a patch into the camel trunk.
Please verify it if you have time.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4422

On Wed Sep  7 06:35:25 2011, awillia wrote:
> I have moved up to the version 2.8 of the SMPP component but it causes a null
> pointer whenever I send a message.
>
> I have tracked it down to SmppProducer calling session.submitShortMessage
> passing in submitSm.getOptionalParametes().
>
> In SmppBinding these optional parameters are set if the message is longer
> then 255 characters, but if not it is never set. It therefore passes null
> into the jsmpp libraries which try to reference it and then throws a null
> pointer.
>
> Mayeb I am missing something but for now I have changed SmppProducer to not
> pass this paramater which fixes the problem, but just thought you may want
> to know.
>
> Antony

Willem
FuseSource