Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nittala <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 21:07:00 UTC

Problem with Jsp compilation in Maven using jspc

Hi,

I have trouble precompiling jsps in our project. I followed the instructions
at http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html.

With the settings i have my jsps are not picked up for compilation. It just
prepares the war and thats it.
Here are the entries in my project's pom.xml. I dont completely understand
the jspweb.xml entry. What is it used for and what should be the entry
there? when the Mvn install command gives error about missing jspweb.xml i
gave the path for my existing web.xml. Is this right ? Am i missing
something ? Please help.

Thanks for your help.

				<plugin>
					<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.jspc</groupId>
					<artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>

					<executions>
						<execution>
							<goals>
								 <goal>compile</goal>
							</goals>
						</execution>
					</executions>
				</plugin>

			<plugin>
                <version>2.0.1</version>
                <configuration>

<webappDirectory>${pom.basedir}/src/main/webapp</webappDirectory>

<webXml>${pom.basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
                   <!-- <webXml>${pom.basedir}/target/jspweb.xml</webXml>
-->

                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Re: Problem with Jsp compilation in Maven using jspc

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This is best asked at user@mojo.codehaus.org.

You might also look at the alternative JSPC plugin from Jetty.

- Brett

2008/9/17 Nittala <ni...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have trouble precompiling jsps in our project. I followed the instructions
> at http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html.
>
> With the settings i have my jsps are not picked up for compilation. It just
> prepares the war and thats it.
> Here are the entries in my project's pom.xml. I dont completely understand
> the jspweb.xml entry. What is it used for and what should be the entry
> there? when the Mvn install command gives error about missing jspweb.xml i
> gave the path for my existing web.xml. Is this right ? Am i missing
> something ? Please help.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

>                                <plugin>
>                                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.jspc</groupId>
>                                        <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>
>                                        <executions>
>                                                <execution>
>                                                        <goals>
>                                                                 <goal>compile</goal>
>                                                        </goals>
>                                                </execution>
>                                        </executions>
>                                </plugin>
>

>                        <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>                <version>2.0.1</version>
>                <configuration>
>
> <webappDirectory>${pom.basedir}/src/main/webapp</webappDirectory>
>
> <webXml>${pom.basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
>                   <!-- <webXml>${pom.basedir}/target/jspweb.xml</webXml>
> -->
>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>

Brett Porter