Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jesse Hires <jh...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 03:48:01 UTC

Re: odd warnings

What is "segments.gen" and "segments_2" ?
The warning I am getting happens when I dedup two indexes.

I create index1 and index2 through generate/fetch/index/...etc
index1 is an index of 1/2 the segments. index2 is an index of the other 1/2

The warning is happening on both datanodes.

The command I am running is "bin/nutch dedup crawl/index1 crawl/index2"

If segments.gen and segments_2 are supposed to be directories, then why are
they created as files?

They are created as files from the start
"bin/nutch index crawl/index1 crawl/crawldb /crawl/linkdb crawl/segments/XXX
crawl/segments/YYY"

I don't see any errors or warnings about creating the index.

I'm using nutch 1.0, though it has been a bit since I've updated the sources
from the trunk.
I'm running one name node and two data nodes.

2009-11-30 18:25:23,497 WARN  mapred.FileInputFormat - Can't open index at
hdfs://nn1:9000/user/nutch/crawl/index2/segments_2:0+2147483647, skipping.
(hdfs://nn1:9000/user/nutch/crawl/index2/segments_2 not a directory)
2009-11-30 18:33:50,200 WARN  mapred.FileInputFormat - Can't open index at
hdfs://nn1:9000/user/nutch/crawl/index2/segments.gen:0+2147483647, skipping.
(hdfs://nn1:9000/user/nutch/crawl/index2/segments.gen not a directory)

Jesse

int GetRandomNumber()
{
   return 4; // Chosen by fair roll of dice
                // Guaranteed to be random
} // xkcd.com

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Jesse Hires <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> actually searcher.dir is still the default "crawl". The warnings are
> showing up either while indexing segments or merging indexes. I need to
> spend some time figuring out just where it is happening at. I will look into
> it later tonight, work doesn't like my hobbies intruding. :)
>
> I may need some more info in "index" vs "indexes" later if you don't mind
> my asking some dumb questions about them, but thus far, things seem to be
> working in the manner I have it set up. With the exception of the warnings
> mentioned of course.
>
> The searching (or searchers) run out of a different directory and I run the
> indexes and segments for them locally on the individual nodes and I am
> getting search results back, which increase with every pass as expected.
>

> Jesse
>
> int GetRandomNumber()
> {
>    return 4; // Chosen by fair roll of dice
>                 // Guaranteed to be random
> } // xkcd.com
>

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> wrote:
>
>> Jesse Hires wrote:
>>
>>> I am getting warnings in hadoop.log that segments.gen and segments_2 are
>>> not
>>> directories, and as you can see by the listing, they are in fact files
>>> not
>>> directories. I'm not sure what stage of the process this is happening in,
>>> as
>>> I just now stumbled on them, but it concerns me that it says it is
>>> skipping
>>> something. Any ideas before I start digging further?
>>>

>>> 2009-11-30 08:28:56,344 WARN  mapred.FileInputFormat - Can't open index
>>> at
>>> hdfs://nn1:9000/user/nutch/crawl/index1/segments.gen:0+2147483647,

Re: odd warnings

Posted by Jesse Hires <jh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Fixing how I was merging the indexes took care of the warning.
Jesse

int GetRandomNumber()
{

Re: odd warnings