Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@kjkoster.org> on 2004/11/01 12:12:10 UTC

Fix for BCELifier generating uncompilable code for switches

Dear ALl,

Please find a fix for the BCELifier attached as a patch. This patch fixes
the problem where the BCELifier does not generate compilable code for
switch() statements. The problem can be reproduced by compiling and
BCELifying the following code:

class bug {
         void bug(int i) {
                 int ret = 1;
                 switch(i) {
                         case 1:
                                 ret += 2;
                         case 2:
                                 ret += 3;
                 }
         }
}

Compiling the generated code does not work, because of syntax errors.

The attached patch fixes this problem. It adds one or two minor
documentation enhancements and renames the default target for switches to
"defaultTarget" to improve readability of the code.

I would appreciate feedback on this patch and I would like to know how I
should go about getting this code committed to the CVS version of BCEL.

Yours,
	Kees Jan

Re: Fix for BCELifier generating uncompilable code for switches

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 01 November 2004 19:12, Kees Jan Koster wrote:
> I would appreciate feedback on this patch and I would like to know how I
> should go about getting this code committed to the CVS version of BCEL.

Either you forgot to attach, or not using ".txt", ".diff" or other
non-filtered types.

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: Fix for BCELifier generating uncompilable code for switches

Posted by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@kjkoster.org>.
Dear All,

I seem to have used an illegal extension to the patch file name. So I try
again. The attached file is named "select.diff".

[...]

Also, I seem not to get mail from the mailing list. How can I check that I
am properly subscribed?

Yours,
	Kees Jan