Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/25 02:09:22 UTC

Apply for adding code quality checking on one more branch (dev branch)

Hi,

Thanks Chris setting the code quality checking on Master branch in Jenkins
Pipeline.

When I wanted to check how many vulnerabilities and code smells left after
2-days work, I found that only the master branch can trigger the code
quality checking. The checking step is skipped on all other branch in the
Jenkins Pipeline.  As a result, I had to merge the modified codes into the
master branch (though we have not finished all the vulnerabilities) in a
rush for code quality checking, and then leaded to a build failure on the
Master Branch...

I think two long-term alive branches are needed: one is master, which
always keeps stable; the other one is dev, which can ingest some
in-progress PRs.
And, both the two branches need UTs, ITs, Code Quality checking..

I have pushed a new branch called `dev`, can someone add a code quality
checking step for it?

By the way: After 2-days work, there are only ~1/3 vulnerabilities and code
smells left now. Let's take all of them out quickly. :D

Best,

-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Apply for adding code quality checking on one more branch (dev branch)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Or ask Justin how he's doing it as I know that he usually does local Sonar analysis (Maybe uses a local Sonar instance)

I usually use the sonar plug in in Intellij or I run a local instance of it. It’s very easy to set up.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apply for adding code quality checking on one more branch (dev branch)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

I whas sort of thinging most of you were using Eclipse ... yeah ... seen that before ;-/
I opened a Jira on this:

Please feel free to monitor it.

Or ask Justin how he's doing it as I know that he usually does local Sonar analysis (Maybe uses a local Sonar instance)

Chris

Am 25.01.19, 12:24 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Thanks Chirs,

    I tried to add as a SonarQube server in IDEA but failed, and the error
    message is  "please upgrade them in SonarQube.java ... minimum: 5.1...".
    But it is ok, I think it is not a big deal. I can still repair code smells
    by using the default setting of SonarLint  plugin in IDEA.

    Best,

    Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> 于2019年1月25日周五 下午2:30写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chirs,