Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Heiko <lo...@googlemail.com> on 2007/11/06 18:42:52 UTC

Wicket and HttpSession

Hi Wicket-Community,

I'm a new wicket user and I want to use a wicket app with the
Central Authentication Service (CAS - http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/).
CAS stores the user's name in a session attribute and an application,
for example a simple servlet, can consume this value via HttpSession:

HttpSession session = req.getSession(false);
String authenticatedUser = (String) session.
            getAttribute("edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.filter.user");

But with wicket I don't have the HttpSession-object.
All my attempts were in vain to get that mentioned value via the
getSessionStore()-method.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Heiko.

Re: Wicket and HttpSession

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
Search the list archives, this has been asked before.

Specifically see the recent thread with the topic "WebWork and Wicket in
the same application - session sharing?

Regards,
Sebastiaan