Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/29 16:53:56 UTC

Re: hacked mod_dir.c (fwd)

Acked.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 97 15:46 EET
From: Kai Risku <kr...@tf.hut.fi>
To: Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>
Subject: Re: hacked mod_dir.c

> On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Kai Risku wrote:
>
> > I have hacked the dir_module from the the standard distribution of
> > Apache 1.1.1 (plus the lates patches) as follows:
> > - added a file owner field (can be suppressed)
> > - added a directive to name a file containing file descriptions
> > - the column headers can be clicked to sort the directory index
> >   differently (by time, size, description, etc.)
> >
> > Would you consider placing this slightly enhanced module in your core
> > distribution, or should I release it as a contributed module?
> >
> > I have also made a handy cgi-bin script that allows you to edit
> > the file descriptions. You can have that too if you want..
> >
> > Interested?
>
> Not for 1.1 but if you want to prpepare a patch for 1.2 or offer
> it as a separate module then we can take a look.
>

> cheers,
> rob

I never got any further response from you, so I fear my previous mail
got lost! I collected the needed files, programs, an example and some
documentation so you could access it as:

	http://mordor.cs.hut.fi/~krisku/apache/

--
Kai.Risku@hut.fi        / "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
Voice: +358-(0)9-523541 /    -- Bill Gates, 1981