Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/12 17:03:17 UTC

Upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6 and CXF 2.3

L.S.,

Originally, we were planning to release ServiceMix 4.3.0 with Camel
2.5 and we already released components and NMR to use that version.
However, with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-652 we're
running into an issue with that version of Camel (cfr.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3302).  One way to fix
this would be to redo the components release and add a hack as a
workaround for this issue.  We could do that today or tomorrow and get
the release process back on track that way.

However, the Camel 2.6.0 release is due to get cut anytime soon,
they're currently waiting on our pending bundles vote to move ahead.
I think it would be worth waiting another week and then restart the
release process using Camel 2.6.0 and CXF 2.3.1 instead of the current
versions.  That would allow us to pick up the latest versions of those
two important frameworks in ServiceMix as well as avoid the hack
around the issue in the components build.

If we go for option 2, I would like to suggest we're careful about
adding new stuff to the Components/NMR/Features build in the
meanwhile.  The first two have already been released a few weeks ago
without any problems, so if we only fix bugs and update the Camel and
CXF version, we can be a bit more confident in the upcoming new
release builds and votes.

The quiet period between now and the releases would be a great time to
start the documentation hackaton by the way ;)

Wdyt?

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6 and CXF 2.3

Posted by hans couder <ha...@gmail.com>.
me to:
+1 on 2

Regards,

Hans

Posted by Johan Edstrom <je...@savoirtech.com>.
+1 on 2

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Just one more note, even Camel 2.6.0 is released before CXF 2.3.2, we
still have a chance to override the CXF version in ServiceMix.

+1 for upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6.0 and CXF 2.3.2.

Willem

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: Upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6 and CXF 2.3

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Dan.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 12 January 2011 11:03:17 am Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> Originally, we were planning to release ServiceMix 4.3.0 with Camel
> 2.5 and we already released components and NMR to use that version.
> However, with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-652 we're
> running into an issue with that version of Camel (cfr.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3302).  One way to fix
> this would be to redo the components release and add a hack as a
> workaround for this issue.  We could do that today or tomorrow and get
> the release process back on track that way.
>
> However, the Camel 2.6.0 release is due to get cut anytime soon,
> they're currently waiting on our pending bundles vote to move ahead.
> I think it would be worth waiting another week and then restart the
> release process using Camel 2.6.0 and CXF 2.3.1 instead of the current
> versions.  That would allow us to pick up the latest versions of those
> two important frameworks in ServiceMix as well as avoid the hack
> around the issue in the components build.

Well, CXF 2.3.2 should be built to be released on Monday (I hope, pending
WSS4J release which I think will be built and vote started today).   It might
make sense to  pretty much cycle the deps down from there as 2.3.2 has a BUNCH
of OSGi related fixes in it.

Dan

> If we go for option 2, I would like to suggest we're careful about
> adding new stuff to the Components/NMR/Features build in the
> meanwhile.  The first two have already been released a few weeks ago
> without any problems, so if we only fix bugs and update the Camel and
> CXF version, we can be a bit more confident in the upcoming new
> release builds and votes.
>
> The quiet period between now and the releases would be a great time to
> start the documentation hackaton by the way ;)
>

> Wdyt?
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: Upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6 and CXF 2.3

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for use camel 2.6 and cxf 2.3.2, also spring 3.0.5.RELEASE

Best Regards

Freeman

On 2011-1-13, at 上午12:03, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>

> Originally, we were planning to release ServiceMix 4.3.0 with Camel
> 2.5 and we already released components and NMR to use that version.
> However, with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-652 we're
> running into an issue with that version of Camel (cfr.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3302).  One way to fix
> this would be to redo the components release and add a hack as a
> workaround for this issue.  We could do that today or tomorrow and get
> the release process back on track that way.
>
> However, the Camel 2.6.0 release is due to get cut anytime soon,
> they're currently waiting on our pending bundles vote to move ahead.
> I think it would be worth waiting another week and then restart the
> release process using Camel 2.6.0 and CXF 2.3.1 instead of the current
> versions.  That would allow us to pick up the latest versions of those
> two important frameworks in ServiceMix as well as avoid the hack
> around the issue in the components build.
>
> If we go for option 2, I would like to suggest we're careful about
> adding new stuff to the Components/NMR/Features build in the
> meanwhile.  The first two have already been released a few weeks ago
> without any problems, so if we only fix bugs and update the Camel and
> CXF version, we can be a bit more confident in the upcoming new
> release builds and votes.
>
> The quiet period between now and the releases would be a great time to
> start the documentation hackaton by the way ;)
>

> Wdyt?
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Upgrade ServiceMix 4.3.0 to Camel 2.6 and CXF 2.3

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I wasn't clear, +1 on 2.

I prefer to prepare a complete clean release, even if we need to release
again some projects such as the NMR and Components.

Completely agree to work on documentation and website during the release
process.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.