Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/10/11 19:56:59 UTC

javax.net.SocketFactory

On trunk compilation goes well but my eclipse can't find
'javax.net.SocketFactory' (imported in DFSClient.java). How can I avoid
this error in eclipse?

thanks,
Raghu.

Re: javax.net.SocketFactory

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Looks like my eclipse used JRE_LIB for java library. While trying to add
libraries [ Configure Build Path --> Libraries (tab) ], there was a note
that said "JRE_LIB is deprecated use JRE instead".. So removed JRE_LIB
from "Referenced Libraries" and added jdk6 from [ Configure Build path
--> Libraries --> Add Library --> JRE System Library ]. Now there are no
errors (still it can't find source or there is no source).

I don't know how JRE_LIB got set initially.

Raghu.

Re: javax.net.SocketFactory

Posted by Christophe Taton <ch...@gmail.com>.

Raghu Angadi wrote:

> I am not actually building using eclipse. But it shows an error for
> this since it can not resolve it. I am wondering what might be missing
> in my config that causes the error. I am using jdk6 for ("Installed
> JREs" under eclipse).
>
> Can you find where you eclipse find this class?
>
> Raghu.
>
> Christophe Taton wrote:
>> Hi Raghu,
>> This should actually build on your Eclipse. I tried again on mine and
>> everything's alright, with jdk5 and with jdk6 compliance.
>> Can you try to clean the project and let Eclipse rebuild it again?
>> Chris
>>
>> On 10/11/07, Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On trunk compilation goes well but my eclipse can't find
>>> 'javax.net.SocketFactory' (imported in DFSClient.java). How can I avoid
>>> this error in eclipse?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Raghu.

Re: javax.net.SocketFactory