Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> on 2008/05/12 12:03:33 UTC

return results in the same page like search

Hi,
I would like to create a form for the user to insert start day and finish
day and display for him blogs from his choice by submit button.
Is there a way to do it, with out programming the source?
thanks
Odelya YomTov - Glick

Re: return results in the same page like search

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> wrote:
>  I would like to create a form for the user to insert start day and finish
>  day and display for him blogs from his choice by submit button.
>  Is there a way to do it, with out programming the source?

If you have added a new model object that allows you to get entries
between a start date and an end date, then you should be able to
create a custom page that accepts date parameters. For example:

   http://localhost:8080/roller/myblog/page/showentries?startDate=YYYYMMDD&endDate=YYYYMMDD

Then you could create a form with some JavaScript that gets the dates
from the user and forms the right URL to do a GET on that showentries
page.

- Dave