Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bidimus <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 22:54:45 UTC

Networked brokers and durable bridges

I'm working with a configuration of three networked brokers each with a
bridge to the other two.  The purpose is to provide redundancy as well as
load balancing.

It works as expected for Queues and non-durable topic subscriptions.

Durable topic subscriptions though seem to be exhibiting a problem and I'm
not sure if it's the release I'm using or a configuration problem.  When a
durable subscription is made, durable subscriptions are made across the
bridge on the other two brokers.  When the durable subscription is destroyed
though, the two durable bridges aren't destroyed with it.

I'm currently running the 5.0 snapshot from 10-23-2007.  This is necessary
as I've found leaks and other issues with all of the 4.x releases.

My configurations look esentially like this:

   <transportConnectors>
       <!-- <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/> -->
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61618" />
    </transportConnectors>

    <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to -->
    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="bridge"
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617,tcp://localhost:61616)"
dynamicOnly="true" networkTTL="1" />
    </networkConnectors>

With port numbers and broker names changed on each broker.

Topics and subscriptions are made by the clients at run time.

If this is expected behavior then is there a workaround for this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

- Jim

Re: Networked brokers and durable bridges

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
You may want to consider "Virtual Topics" as a workaround and good
alternative to durable topic subscriptions. Go to this page to find out more
about Virtual Topics and see "Why JMS Durable Topics Suck" d:)

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

Joe

Posted by Paul Boyes <pa...@paulboyes.com>.
Did you ever figure out what is going on?  I am experiencing this as well.

Thanks,

Paul