Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Al...@miranda.com on 2013/09/24 17:17:50 UTC

release-plugin versions

Is it possible with the m-release-p to release a multi module project where
each submodule has a different version?
The releaseVersion  property applies to all modules equally. Moreover,
since i have over 300 poms, i can't use the interactive mode that asks for
each module.
I know I can use a properties file with a list of the version of each
module, but I would need to write some script to generate said file, so
before I do that I was wondering if there's a simpler way

All the poms have already their correct version number with the SNAPSHOT
qualifier; why doesn't the m-r-p just drop the SNAPSHOT and use the version
that's left (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> 3.0.0), or even better, allow to replace the
SNAPSHOT qualifier with another specified qualifier, e.g. 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT ->
3.0.0-RC-1

Alternative solutions are also welcomed

 thank you

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.

Re: release-plugin versions

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
if they have the correct versions

mvn release:prepare release:perform -B

if you want to check what will happen first

mvn release:prepare -B -DdryRun=true