Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Frank Mena <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/20 09:26:31 UTC

Changing WAR default goal

How do I change the default goal of a war so that it produces an exploded
war instead of .war file when I run the package goal?

Frank

Re: Changing WAR default goal

Posted by Frank Mena <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I was looking to stop the war:war from executing, as it takes time.

Frank

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
It does not work for me too.

Even if I use this configuration
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
         <goals>
              <goal>exploded</goal>
         </goals>
      </plugin>

or

      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>exploded</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

>mvn package
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...

Rémy

Also The FAQ URL in the maven-war-plugin site is corrupted :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html => Page Not Found

Re: Changing WAR default goal

Posted by coutant <st...@orange-ftgroup.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/exploded.html
Above link suggests following configuration :
               <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                 <version>2.1</version>
                 <goals>
                   <goal>exploded</goal>
                 </goals>
               </plugin>
Version 2.1 is not found.
And when I 'mvn package' with version 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT I still have a .war
packaging...

Posted by John Tolentino <jt...@exist.com>.
mvn war:exploded