Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ponkin <al...@ya.ru> on 2016/10/27 13:30:26 UTC

Run spark-shell inside Docker container against remote YARN cluster

Hi,
May be someone already had experience to build docker image for spark?
I want to build docker image with spark inside but configured against remote
YARN cluster.
I have already created image with spark 1.6.2 inside.
But when I run
spark-shell --master yarn --deploy-mode client --driver-memory 32G
--executor-memory 32G --executor-cores 8
inside docker I get the following exception
Diagnostics: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File
file:/usr/local/spark/lib/spark-assembly-1.6.2-hadoop2.2.0.jar does not
exist

Any suggestions?
Do I need to load spark-assembly i HDFS and set
spark.yarn.jar=hdfs://spark-assembly-1.6.2-hadoop2.2.0.jar ?

Here is my Dockerfile
https://gist.github.com/ponkin/cac0a071e7fe75ca7c390b7388cf4f91

Re: Run spark-shell inside Docker container against remote YARN cluster

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
I am running spark inside docker though not connecting to cluster
How did u build spark? Which profile did u use?
Pls share details and I can try to replicate
Kr