Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/13 04:35:39 UTC

Which Solution File?

Which Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file should i be using to look at
the ibatis csharp source. There are four... Common.sln,
DataAccess.sln, DataMapper.sln and IBatisNet.sln. None of them include
all of the source files and the IBatisNet.sln is referencing
non-existent files. So, which one should i be using?

Thanks,
Brandon

Re: Which Solution File?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
There's also SharpDevelop, which is what I'm using.  I don't want to
go through the 2 hour ritual of installing VS.NET.  I also have better
things to do with 3.5 GB.  ;-)

Just a little rub for my .NET friends.

Clinton

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:28:06 -0500, roberto@theaegis.org
<ro...@theaegis.org> wrote:
> Brandon,
>
> Since there were plans to start distributing the DataMapper and DataAccess
> assemblies separately, Gilles created those 2 new solution files.  The
> IBatisNet.sln file is from the old/single solution that contained all
> projects.
>
> If you don't want to use Visual Studio, there are the NAnt build files that
> Gilles also provided.  :-)
>
> Roberto
>
> Quoting Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Which Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file should i be using to look at
> > the ibatis csharp source. There are four... Common.sln,
> > DataAccess.sln, DataMapper.sln and IBatisNet.sln. None of them include
> > all of the source files and the IBatisNet.sln is referencing
> > non-existent files. So, which one should i be using?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brandon

Re: Which Solution File?

Posted by ro...@theaegis.org.

Re: Which Solution File?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
I've always been a fan of a single solution file with multiple
projects.  I'm also a fan of NOT checking in project files, especially
VS.NET project files (user files etc can really screw you up).

So, I'd say just create your own solution outside of the SVN managed
directories.  That's what I'm gonna do!  ;-)

Cheers,
Clinton

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:35:39 -0700, Brandon Goodin