Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com> on 2014/11/12 20:30:53 UTC

Kafka in a docker container stops with no errors logged

Hello,

We're using Kafka 0.8.1.1 and we're trying to run it in a Docker container.  For the most part, this has been fine, however one of the containers has stopped a couple times and when I look at the log output from Docker (E.g. Kafka STDOUT), I don't see any errors.  At one point it states that the broker has started and several minutes later, I see the log messages stating that it's shutting down.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I don't know if Docker is the culprit as two other containers on different nodes don't seem to have any issues.

Thanks.