Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Omar Valerio <om...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/03 15:50:22 UTC

Howto reload apps deployed in Tomcat without restart.

Hi list,

I was wondering how did other Tapestry developers handle hot deploy in
Tomcat. Main issue is that when I try to perform a redeploy of an already
deployed app container blocks me from doing so.

Also, after deleting an application and removing its context from Tomcat via
the app manager interface, I have found that application directory doesn't
completely dissapear from webapps folder. And when I try to erase the
directory manually, system blocks operation arguing that tapestry.jar and
tapestry-contrib.jar are still being used.

Relevant details:

Tomcat 4.1.x
Tapestry 3.0.x

Greetings,