Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dennis Foreman <df...@stny.rr.com> on 2002/07/29 19:28:28 UTC

new install w/o removal of old version?

I have inadvertently deleted my copy of the .msi file for the 1.3.0 pkg. Can
version 2.0.39 be properly installed on top of 1.3.20 w/o removing version
1.3.20 first? If not, where can I get the old .msi file, so I can properly
uninstall 1.3.20?

regards,
D. J. Foreman
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman

need 1.3.20 .msi files

Posted by Dennis Foreman <df...@stny.rr.com>.
The WinXp Add/Remove Programs tool DOES require the .msi file to do a
remove. Without it, Add/Remove will quit. (It does give a chance to browse
for the file, but I deleted it a LONG time ago, not knowing it would be
needed.) Is there an archive around with these old files? Or does anyone
have them handy? Since I don't use the old 1.x server for anything anymore,
I don't care if I break it before installing 2.0.x. I would prefer to NOT
get into the registry if possible.

PS. Could someone update the documentation for newbies that the msi file is
NEEDED by MS A/R?

regards,
D. J. Foreman