Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Muthu Velappan <mu...@aspiresys.com> on 2009/11/05 09:55:13 UTC

UI Issues in Double Select control

Hi,

I'm not sure whether it reached the group... Can any one please give your
thoughts at least to the 1'st point.

I'm stuck with this for about a week and yet to identify a good solution for
that

Thanks,
Muthu

Muthu Velappan wrote:

Hi,

I have used a Double Select control display Division & Sub-Divisions in my
project. Everything works fine except two UI Issues.

1. I'm unable to get separate labels for 2 Select box controls. It uses only
single label. Is that a limitation, if so how to work-around it?
2. I want to add an empty option to Second Control Sub-Division list to
search items based on Selected Division alone. This doesn't work because, as
soon as I select a value in the parent control child populates with all
items.

Can anyone provide some insights to clear these 2 issues?

Re: UI Issues in Double Select control

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.
Muthu Velappan wrote:
> I think you are right. Let me try that and get back to you. All I need is to
> add a new attribute to take the second label name...

The simple solution is just to put a doubleselect.ftl modified
specifically for your app in /template/simple inside your war.  If you
want to build the more general purpose solution to plumb those values
all the way through from the tag to the .ftl there will of course be
more changes necessary (and if you implement those, the struts community
would appreciate having you contribute them, too, attached to another
JIRA ticket :-).

-Dale

RE: UI Issues in Double Select control

I would suggest modifying "template/simple/doubleselect.ftl" to do
what you need.

-Dale

Re: UI Issues in Double Select control

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.