Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alain ROY <ra...@email.com> on 2004/07/16 17:45:47 UTC

Problem with table row

Hi all,

I generate a table using XSLT. In the second cell of my table rows, I have 3 blocks (3 rows of text). I want those line to always be together, in the table row. FOP has a surprising behaviour :
- In the last row of each page, the row border overlaps the bottom margin and draws over the footer.
- Only the first row of text appears in the cell. The 2 following rows are on the following page.

To work around this problem, I used fo:wrapper

         <fo:table-cell xsl:use-attribute-sets="table.body.cell">
            <fo:wrapper>
                  <fo:block text-align="left">
                     <xsl:value-of select="item/code"/>
                  </fo:block>
                  <fo:block text-align="left">
                     <xsl:value-of select="item/name"/>
                  </fo:block>
                  <fo:block text-align="left">
                     <xsl:value-of select="item/reference"/>
                  </fo:block>
            </fo:wrapper>
         </fo:table-cell>

This give me the result I want but when I generate the PDF file using fop.bat, I get error messages for each row of my table :
--> [ERROR] text outside block area

Does anybody knows what's wrong ?
Is there another way to get my 3 blocks together in each row without raising errors ?

Regards
AR

Re: Problem with table row

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Alain ROY wrote:
> I generate a table using XSLT. In the second cell of my table rows,
 > I have 3 blocks (3 rows of text). I want those line to always be
 > together, in the table row.
Use keep-togheter="always" on the table row.

> To work around this problem, I used fo:wrapper
> I get error messages for each row of my table :
> --> [ERROR] text outside block area

The whitespace inside the fo:wrapper but outside the blocks
is interpreted as content. Don't use fo:wrapper this way.

J.Pietschmann