Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Tobias Dunn-Krahn <td...@alarmpoint.com> on 2007/09/17 21:03:52 UTC

mismatch while reading representation

Hello All,

I posted this on the user list but got no reply.  My apologies if this
is not the appropriate place to post.

I'm trying to migrate a subversion repository from a linux system to a
windows system using svnadmin dump and svnadmin load.  Unfortunately,
when I get to a particular revision (a relatively large revision -
~700MB) I get the following error:

svnadmin: Checksum mismatch while reading representation:

   expected:  5a61669a554808ffb94c0542b79a6d5f

     actual:  5a55203a7809f159b4271a4dcec97684

I came across this on the web:

http://ilovett.com/blog/programming/subversion-checksum-error

which describes a similar error and recommends manually repairing the
database.  One of the cited commands is:

db_dump -kp representations > representations.dump

which is to be executed within the db directory of the repository.
However, my repository does not have a "representations" directory or
file.  Perhaps my repository is using a different database (i.e. not
Berkeley)?  Any other suggestions as to how to migrate the repository?

Tobias

RE: mismatch while reading representation

Posted by Tobias Dunn-Krahn <td...@alarmpoint.com>.
> I posted this on the user list but got no reply.  My apologies if this

> is not the appropriate place to post.
>

> I'm trying to migrate a subversion repository from a linux system to a

> windows system using svnadmin dump and svnadmin load.  Unfortunately,
> when I get to a particular revision (a relatively large revision -
> ~700MB) I get the following error:
>

> svnadmin: Checksum mismatch while reading representation:
>
>    expected:  5a61669a554808ffb94c0542b79a6d5f
>
>      actual:  5a55203a7809f159b4271a4dcec97684
>

> I came across this on the web:
>

> http://ilovett.com/blog/programming/subversion-checksum-error
>

> which describes a similar error and recommends manually repairing the
> database.  One of the cited commands is:
>

> db_dump -kp representations > representations.dump
>

> which is to be executed within the db directory of the repository.
> However, my repository does not have a "representations" directory or
> file.  Perhaps my repository is using a different database (i.e. not
> Berkeley)?  Any other suggestions as to how to migrate the repository?

Sounds like a revision is corrupt.  fsfsverify may be able to fix it.
You can download it from:
   http://www.szakmeister.net/fsfsverify/

If you still have an issue, email me privately with a link of where to
download the bad revision and I can likely repair it.

HTH!

-John

Thanks for the reply, I'll try fsfsverify.  I'll let you know how it
goes, and thanks for the offer of manually repairing it.  I may take you
up on it yet :)

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.