Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> on 2015/01/01 13:00:07 UTC

Re: Building on Windows (was RE: Anybody who know how to write .cmd or .bat files for windows ?)

> On 1 Jan 2015, at 2:41 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> <orcmid>
>   Um, Peter's suggestion involves fetching a .zip, so we are back to the
>   previously-unsolved problem.  My objection is not about downloading
>   Zips, but where they come from and who builds them.
> </orcmid>

Anyone who wishes to get a “pure”, verified build of the source is free to do so. This is just me personally providing a convenience mechanism for those who want to take the short path to get started easily on development. I’m not against scripts to download/properly arrange the official distributions, just concerned that the complexity involved (at present) might turn away developers. We can keep both camps happy.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org