Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> on 2003/02/22 12:24:50 UTC

apr iconv

Hi,

While checking the Subversion windows installer I found that
it installs all those *.cs modules of apr-iconv. I already looked
for some docs on the apr website about that but I couldn't
find any hints about what they are needed for.
Does someone here know what they are needed for? Are
they essential for Subversion on windows?
What happens if they are not installed?

Stefan

Re: apr iconv

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
SteveKing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While checking the Subversion windows installer I found that
> it installs all those *.cs modules of apr-iconv. I already looked
> for some docs on the apr website about that but I couldn't
> find any hints about what they are needed for.

As the name itself should tell you, they make apr-iconv work.

> Does someone here know what they are needed for?

Without them, apr-iconv can't do anything but identity transformations.

> Are they essential for Subversion on windows?

No.

> What happens if they are not installed?

UTF-8 translation doesn't work.