Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/29 20:45:39 UTC

Could not obtain block

I'm looking for some help. I'm Nutch user, everything was working fine, but
now I get the following error when indexing.
I have a single note pseudo distributed set up.
Some people on the Nutch list indicated to me that I could full, so I remove
many things and hdfs is far from full.
This file & directory was perfectly OK the day before.
I did a "hadoop fsck"... report says healthy.

What can I do ?

Is is safe to do a Linux FSCK just in case ?

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not obtain block:
blk_8851198258748412820_9031
file=/user/nutch/crawl/indexed-segments/20100111233601/part-00000/_103.frq

--
-MilleBii-

Re: Could not obtain block

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ken,

FIXED !!! SO MUCH THANKS

Command prompt ulimit  wasn't enough, one needs to hard set it and reboot
explained here
http://posidev.com/blog/2009/06/04/set-ulimit-parameters-on-ubuntu/

--
-MilleBii-