Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Kadri Atalay <at...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/15 17:38:45 UTC

Looking for an example for jCIFS connector, for crawling Windows and other CIFS shares

Hello,

Looking for an example  jCIFS connector, for crawling Windows and other CIFS
shares, index different file contents (PDF, Word, TXT, XLS, etc..) store it
with the file ACL, and later on, do a Secure Search based on User Login
Info, and matching ACLs & Keywords..

Can you give me few pointers where can I find some examples ?

Thanks

Kadri

Re: Looking for an example for jCIFS connector, for crawling Windows and other CIFS shares

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I'd start with the end-user documentation for ManifoldCF.  There is a
jCIFS connector and a Solr connector described.  See:

http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/end-user-documentation.html

You will also need to read up on Solr, especially Solr Cell, which is
the Solr component that extracts file content from PDF, Word, etc.

Karl