Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bob Hpv <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 20:39:08 UTC

Maven release plugin, branch goal behavior

Hi,
I'm trying to use the release plugin (2.5.2 with maven 2.2.1) to perform a
delivery.

I did some tests using the release:perform goal.
In the current branch, it
 - updates the pom with the release version,
 - commit the modification,
 - add a tag,
 -  updates the pom to next snapshot,
 - commit
Which is fully ok for me.

I tried instead to use the release:branch goal (should do the same but use
branch instead).
I see the following behavior
In the current branch, it
 - updates the pom with the SNAPSHOT version (no modification ????, it's
wired git sees a full modification of the file even if the content is for
my point of view exactly the same),
 - commit the modification,
 - create the branch,
 -  updates the pom to next snapshot,
 - commit

I tried several parameters listed in the documentation to force the release
version in the pom but no way to do it.
How can I update the pom in the release:branch use case ???

Regards
Bob