Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Darryl Pogue <da...@dpogue.ca> on 2019/09/03 23:56:25 UTC

UIWebView/WKWebView Migration Strategy for Cordova iOS

Background: As of August 2019, Apple is now showing a deprecation
warning when uploading apps to the App Store that include
UIWebView-related code. As a result, all Cordova apps built for iOS
receive this deprecation warning on upload.

We need to determine how Cordova as a project wants to proceed to
solve this problem. There are pull requests already being opened that
I'm quite concerned with end up breaking all existing Cordova apps,
and I think we want to be more careful about that.

I've put together a document in the cordova-discuss repo outlining
some options for discussion:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/pull/110

It might be easiest to keep all discussion on the GitHub PR for
consistency and bring it back to the mailing list for consensus on
next steps.

~Darryl

Re: UIWebView/WKWebView Migration Strategy for Cordova iOS

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Do we need a formal vote? How about we just say where we are leaning here,
including some justification.
Lets see if we already agree before getting formal
I am good with option 2, although I like how simple option 1 would make
everything ...

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.