Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by BrSwPdx <bs...@pdxinc.com> on 2019/08/02 15:55:51 UTC

Odd issue with message consumers

We are seeing an odd issue with our embedded broker.  We have our processors
registered as message listeners on a queue's consumer, but the consumer
appears to stop delivering messages via the OnMessage call.  No errors are
thrown when this happens and we do not see any sort of dead lock or
contention in the thread dumps.

Adding the logging plugin shows that the queue is still active and receiving
messages, but they just do not seem to be consumed.  This issue has us
stumped and I'm reaching out to see if anyone has encountered similar
behavior and found a cause/solution.

Re: Odd issue with message consumers

Posted by BrSwPdx <bs...@pdxinc.com>.
Sorry about that, I've moved it to the user list.

Re: Odd issue with message consumers

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
No worries. Start a new thread on the user list with the details about the
issue you're seeing and I'll try to take a look.

Justin

Posted by "Maselbas, Dustin" <DU...@dish.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Couple of things:

Posted by "Maselbas, Dustin" <DU...@dish.com>.
Im also actively trouble shooting an issue on Artemis 1.2.7 where messages being forwarded from one instance of Artemis via a bridge connection to another will stop after exactly 1000 messages.

    This message originated outside of DISH and was sent by: dev-return-70852-DUSTIN.MASELBAS=dish.com@activemq.apache.org

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Are you using 5.x or Artemis?