Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bill Williams <bi...@qcsoftware.com> on 2006/05/23 13:16:48 UTC

Does anyone have issues with subversion and samba?

I'm sure the issue I am having is with Samba, but I was just wondering
if anyone else has issues with running subversion on windows working
with a work space that is on a samba share?

We are now running samba 3.0.20 and when I try to lock a binary file
with "svn lock" under windows, I get an error saying it could not
determine the default permissions.  Under linux everything works fine in
the repository.

Thanks

Re: Does anyone have issues with subversion and samba?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 23, 2006, at 15:16, Bill Williams wrote:

> I'm sure the issue I am having is with Samba, but I was just
> wondering if anyone else has issues with running subversion on
> windows working with a work space that is on a samba share?
>
> We are now running samba 3.0.20 and when I try to lock a binary
> file with "svn lock" under windows, I get an error saying it could
> not determine the default permissions.  Under linux everything
> works fine in the repository.

We've been using Subversion over a Samba share for 18 months, but we
haven't used locking yet so we haven't run into that situation.