Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/02 06:12:14 UTC

a very simple question..hope anyone/everyone can help

hi all

here's my question. how do I write a mailet that will stop processing all incoming emails. that is, a mailet with the

mail.setState(Mail.GHOST);

inside the source code. Theoretically i know how to do it. but not in practical. I have only very little idea on how to write custom mailet and deploying it. I've read the documentation but I can't understand them all. Perhaps cause i'm under pressure trying to finish this thing by today.

Thanks a lot to everyone who's willing to help me.

Bye

Those emails..they just..disappeared..into thin air..

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
hi all...
i set my james config.xml file with <mailet match="All" class="Null"/> tag.
My question is now where do all the emails went to?
I don't want to process the email further,hence the tag above stopped processing all incoming emails.
But i still want mySQL to be able to process those emails..but it seem i can't. Cause I don't know where all the emails had gone to.

Thanx a lot to everyone who's willing to help.

RE: a very simple question..hope anyone/everyone can help

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
cause i need mySql to be able to process all the mails...although I don't want them to be processed further..
one thing i've noted there's a table called deadletter in my mail mySQL database; i don't remember creating it..or is the table deadletter are created automatically when I set the <mailet match="All" class="Null"/>  tag in my config.xml file?
but when I checked the content of the table it's all empty although I've tried sending emails to my localhost account.
one more thing..do I need to remove the
<mailet match="All" class="ToProcessor">
            <processor> transport </processor>
         </mailet>

tag from my config.xml file?

thanx a lot again for helping.

Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> wrote:
uh uh...thanx a lot bill...that kinda solve my question :D

which lead me to another question..do james delete the email then? if not where do james store them? cause I still need the emails although I don't them to be processed further...

thanx again

bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com> wrote:
What is it you're trying to do that isn't accomplished by:

<mailet match="All" class="Null"/>

Posted by bill page <bi...@snakeriversoftware.com>.