Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Norman Tuttle <nt...@photon.poly.edu> on 2003/10/09 20:31:37 UTC

Finally able to make the flood (1.1) executable for Win32 (part 1)

After making the modifications described in the last email I sent
(namely, changed APR_HAVE_APR_ICONV back to APR_HAS_APR_ICONV in xlate.c),
I still had to copy several library and include files manually, some of
which I imported from my former build of flood and its dependencies about
a year ago, and from openSSL which I had brought in more recently, in
order to get the build to work on my WinXP desktop.

I would be able to contribute some sort of documentation to the Windows
build which is apparently lacking; of course, it would be helpful if the
build was first made much less tedious for developers under Windows.

For my part, I can contribute the patches below which you can make to the
Makefile.win and to the Windows project file in order to build Flood on
Windows with less difficulty.

The Makefile.win deals with an issue which has been discussed by others in
an earlier rendition of Flood prior to release 1.1, in which it was found
that the environment variables set in the batch file were not being sent
to the compiler (apparently the new build does not resolve this issue). I
resolve this issue by having the batch file execute msdev rather than the
make script directly. The windows project file contains the appropriate
settings and library names once the libraries have been moved to the
project's root (current project file is no good).

Here is the diff for Makefile.win (the one for flood.dsp will appear in
an email later today, diffs were created by putting the initial Flood
files from the 1.1 build into a CVS directory on our system, which I am
using to incrementally submit changes that I have already made in our
production system to the Apache Flood project):

diff -r1.1.1.1 Makefile.win
20c20
< #   nmake /f Makefile.win PORT=80 INSTDIR="d:\Program Files\Apache"
installr
---
> #   nmake /f Makefile.win PORT=80 INSTDIR="d:\Program Files\Apache"
install
29c29
< SRCLIB=$(MAKEDIR)\..\..\httpd-2.0\srclib
---
> SRCLIB=$(MAKEDIR)
39c39
< APRUTILPATH=$(APRPATH)\..\apr-util
---
> APRUTILPATH=$(SRCLIB)\apr-util
57c57
< !MESSAGE
---
> !MESSAGE
65c65
< !MESSAGE
---
> !MESSAGE
73c73
< !MESSAGE
---
> !MESSAGE
120c120
< 	-awk -f <<script.awk config.h.in > config.h
---
>         -awk -f <<script.awk config.h.in > config.h
122,127c122,127
<     sub( /@prngrand@/,   "1" );
<     sub( /@prngrand48@/, "0" );
<     sub( /@prngrandom@/, "0" );
<     sub( /@hasstrtoll@/, "0" );
<     sub( /@hasstrtoq@/,  "0" );
<     sub( /@flood_has_openssl@/, "$(HAVE_SSL)" );
---
>     sub( /@prngrand@/,   "1" );
>     sub( /@prngrand48@/, "0" );
>     sub( /@prngrandom@/, "0" );
>     sub( /@hasstrtoll@/, "0" );
>     sub( /@hasstrtoq@/,  "0" );
>     sub( /@flood_has_openssl@/, "$(HAVE_SSL)" );
134c134
< configure:	config.h
---
> configure:      config.h
150d149
< 	-floodenv.bat
155,156c154,155
< 	floodenv.bat
< 	$(MAKE) $(MAKEOPT) -f flood.mak CFG="flood - Win32 $(LONG)"
RECURSE=0
---
> 	echo $(MAKE) $(MAKEOPT) -f flood.mak CFG="flood - Win32 $(LONG)"
RECURSE=0 >> floodenv.bat
> 	-floodenv
160,161c159
< clean:
< 	-floodenv.bat
---
> clean:
166,167c164,165
< 	floodenv.bat
< 	devenv flood.sln /useenv /build $(LONG) /project flood
---
> 	echo devenv flood.sln /useenv /build $(LONG) /project flood >>
floodenv.bat
> 	-floodenv
171,174c169,170
< clean:
< 	-floodenv.bat
< 	msdev flood.dsw /USEENV /MAKE \
< 		"flood - Win32 $(LONG)" /CLEAN
---
> clean:
> 	msdev flood.dsw /USEENV /MAKE "flood - Win32 $(LONG)" /CLEAN
178,180c174,175
< 	floodenv.bat
< 	msdev flood.dsw /USEENV /MAKE \
< 		"flood - Win32 $(LONG)"
---
> 	echo msdev flood.dsw /USEENV /MAKE "flood - Win32 $(LONG)" >>
floodenv.bat
> 	-floodenv
202,203c197,198
<   Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com), software written by Tim Hudson
<   (tjh@cryptsoft.com), and software developed by the OpenSSL Project
---
>   Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com), software written by Tim Hudson
>   (tjh@cryptsoft.com), and software developed by the OpenSSL Project
221,224c216,219
<  to support flood (details are listed in OPENSSL-README.txt.)  For the
complete
<  list of CHANGES to this and later versions of OpenSSL, please refer to
the
<  definative source, <http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html>, or see
the
<  CHANGES file in the full binary or source distribution package
---
>  to support flood (details are listed in OPENSSL-README.txt.)  For the
complete
>  list of CHANGES to this and later versions of OpenSSL, please refer to
the
>  definative source, <http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html>, or see
the
>  CHANGES file in the full binary or source distribution package
227c222
<  These OpenSSL binaries were built for distribution from the U.S.
without
---
>  These OpenSSL binaries were built for distribution from the U.S.
without
243,244c238,239
<  support for SSL v2/v3 and TLS v1.  No library link files, headers or
sources
<  are distributed with this binary distribution.  Please refer to the
---
>  support for SSL v2/v3 and TLS v1.  No library link files, headers or
sources
>  are distributed with this binary distribution.  Please refer to the
247c242
<  These OpenSSL binaries were built for distribution from the U.S.
without
---
>  These OpenSSL binaries were built for distribution from the U.S.
without
254c249
<  such as the user supported lists,
<http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>