Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net> on 2005/12/13 23:03:41 UTC

Re: How to determine if a graceful restart is initiated from within a module

Apologies for the late reply, I was actually looking at this code
yesterday, and no there is no convienent way to do it, but why is that
you want to ?

It'll take some form of IPC to do this, but I'm shortly about to start
writing a complete replacement for mod_cgid which we may or may not end
up using, so it'd be useful to have feedback on why you need to do this
and what additional requirements we can try and fulfill.

Posted by Kiran Mendonce <ki...@india.hp.com>.
Hi Colm,

We have a customer who wants cgi scripts to be killed after a graceful
restart after 'some' time. So I am implementing a timer that will be
configurable so that after that time has elapsed cgid can terminate the
child cgi processes that are still around.

For that I need to know if it is a graceful restart and I am looking at
ways of getting that information.

Regards,
Kiran