Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com> on 2005/06/16 23:32:07 UTC

Re: SOLVED Bayes? (MORE)

John Fleming wrote on Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:08:22 -0500:

> I'm not sure I fully understand why the single digit entries allowed BAYES_
> score headers on spam but not ham, but I'm happy to use the multiple scores
> and have all of my BAYES_ entries back.

Hm, just checked our setup and we changed one setting:
score BAYES_99 3.0
We don't have this problem. Are you sure there wasn't something wrong with the
added scores? Apart from that I don't recommend changing much in that area,
certainly not more than one or two scores. We changed 99, because it is so
reliable and a higher setting can grab those spams which otherwise slip thru
right below the threshold.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany