Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 22:52:29 UTC

Logging from REEF client

Is logging supported in the REEF client from C#? I am calling Log in a
class that lives in the client  process and do not see a log file in the
temp directory ....\AppData\Temp\REEFxxxxxxxxxxxx. I only seed bridge and
node logs.

Doug

Re: Logging from REEF client

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2017-04-13 5:47 PM, Douglas Service wrote:
> Where does the output go if for example, I add a logger instance to
> the HelloREEF class and output data to the log from HelloREEF.run()?

Those logs go to STDERR or STDOUT. On Driver and Evaluator, we redirect
them to the files you know and love :)

Markus

Re: Logging from REEF client

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.
I am familiar with these logs which I understand are for the driver and
evaluators. Where does the output go if for example, I add a logger
instance to the HelloREEF class and output data to the log from
HelloREEF.run()?

RE: Logging from REEF client

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Yes, it is supported.