Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Lin, Bosheng" <BL...@harleysvillegroup.com> on 2004/04/19 21:35:55 UTC

logging inside EJB

Hi, I am trying to put logger inside a stateless session bean, like

public class LegacyServiceBean implements SessionBean{
	private Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(LegacyServiceBean.class);
}

When I use IBM's AAT(version 4.00.032) to assemble the ear for OS390,
I got the following warning,

/J2EE1DOT2AppEJB.jar(Field: class$0, Class:
LegacyServiceBean: CHKJ2200W: The field is static but not final. Read
section 18.1.2 of the EJB 1.1 specification.

I did not spend much on studying this, I am sure other peoples should have
encoutered this.

What is the correct way to use log4j inside EJB?

Thanks,

Bosheng