Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Henry Story <he...@bblfish.net> on 2011/07/09 18:10:03 UTC

Creating a new branch -- Re: Please only commit release relevant stuff now into trunk

On 9 Jul 2011, at 17:46, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> I'm cleaning up stuff around the account control panel and plan to be able to create a release trunk on monday and start the vote.

ok. Thanks for looking after that. I am sure you'll do it to your satisfaction much better than it would be possible for me to.
> This however has no impact on the fact that nothing should be committed to trunk if doesn't yield to the closure of an issue.

Is the person submitting the code to close the issue supposed to close the issue himself? Or should he wait for a while to see the feedback? How long? Should he close it or just mark it as Fixed and have someone else close it. It seems a bit odd to be closing one's own issues.

All the code I committed should make for a closeable issue.
> I called the list attention to the recently added website page which describes when one should commit something to trunk.

yes, I see it's very nicely done.

Now is this very different from the process that was going on here until recently, or is this a change?

> Reto
>
> On Jul 9, 2011 5:38 PM, "Henry Story" <he...@bblfish.net> wrote:
> >
> > On 9 Jul 2011, at 17:30, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Henry
> >>
> >> Could you please first care about closing the issues you have been committing yesterday and make sure the clerezza-site build no longer fails before committing to new issues.

I compiled it locally and it builds fine. I am not sure why there are problems with the site.

> > Perhaps it is time now to create the release trunk then.
> >
> > I think 2 people voted +1 for that. I'll add my vote to it now.
> >
> > Henry
> >

> >> Reto

Thanks,

	Henry