Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com> on 2015/08/06 20:27:33 UTC

[jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Previously Swift copy would append metadata instead of replacing it.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840

-- Commit Summary --

  * JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy

-- File Changes --

    M apis/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/features/ObjectApi.java (3)
    M apis/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/reference/SwiftHeaders.java (1)
    M apis/openstack-swift/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/blobstore/integration/SwiftBlobIntegrationLiveTest.java (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
@andrewgaul Alright, I think it makes sense to switch the default behavior for consistency's sake, but let's document that in the method doc and make sure we add another method or a flag for the full functionality.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128542284

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@zack-shoylev We could add a a third method or a flag to expose the full Swift support for appending metadata.  However I think the default should be to replace metadata when provided as this what other providers do and I imagine what most people expect.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128527025

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Ka-Hing Cheung <no...@github.com>.
:+1:

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128469280

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@zack-shoylev @kahing Please review.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128466803

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
This does change the default behavior of copy, though. Isn't it better to add an additional copy method that has fresh metadata as a parameter? I don't like changing the behavior of an existing method that is already being used. Thoughts? Am I missing something?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128505419

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-883: Replace metadata during Swift copy (#840)

Posted by Terry Howe <no...@github.com>.
lgtm

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/840#issuecomment-128470869