Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Mi...@gdc4s.com on 2012/05/03 01:24:50 UTC

Problems installing log4cxx v 0.10.0 using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express C++ edition

Hi,

I am running on a windows 7 host running VS2010 express c++ edition.
I've followed the directions per the log4cxx directions ( ) including
downloading apr-1.4.6 and apr-util-1.4.1 and modifying the .hw files,
however, when I try to load the log4cxx.dsw solution and convert it to
the current VS, I receive an error trying to build apr.dsp and a bunch
of other dependent .dsp files.

Specifically, what I am seeing is:
The Project file 'C:...projects\apr-util\xml\expat\lib\xml.dsp' cannot
be loaded. Do you want to remove the unloadable project from the
solution?

Then in the output box in VS  the following is shown:
C:\apache-log4cxx-0.10.0\apr\apr.dsp : error  : Project upgrade failed.

C:\apache-log4cxx-0.10.0\apr-util\xml\expat\lib\xml.dsp : error  :
Project upgrade failed.

C:\apache-log4cxx-0.10.0\apr-util\aprutil.dsp : error  : Project upgrade
failed.

C:\apache-log4cxx-0.10.0\apache-log4cxx-0.10.0\projects\log4cxx.dsp :
error  : Project upgrade failed.

I appreciate any help you can provide me in this matter.
Thanks,
Michael

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GDC4S
S.P. 1.8.6 and GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and are intended to be
accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission
are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual
restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the
policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the original message.

RE: Problems installing log4cxx v 0.10.0 using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express C++ edition

Posted by Mi...@gdc4s.com.
Thank you both for your help I was able to successfully build the files on VS2010 using VS2008 as an intermediate point.

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.