Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vinit Tripathi <vi...@oracle.com> on 2009/10/05 05:49:02 UTC

Error in installing SVN.

Hi,

I am trying to install SVN and getting attached error(Attached file).

My Y drive is a network drive with full access rights.

Please let me know if it is a BUG. I will report the same.

Vinit

Oracle logo.gif
Vinit Tripathi | Associate Consultant | +91 22 67188099 (O) +91 9833136155 (M)
Banking Products Division, Oracle Financial Services
Mumbai , India

Oracle Financial Services Software Limited was formerly i-flex solutions limited.

Email Id: HYPERLINK "mailto:vivek.bhatia@oracle.com"vinit.tripathi@oracle.com

Re: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 01:51, Vinit Tripathi <vi...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> We don't have space at local drive so using local drive is not a option for me.
> Here is my observation regarding the Error.

Don't cheap out on something as important as your SCM repository. Disk
space is cheap compared to losing or corrupting your repository. Put
it on a real server OS, on real server hardware (or a VM, Subversion
runs fine under a VM), with real server-grade storage.

> " While trying to install VisualSVN Server  got invalid path error. It is searching for path "//iflmuw-vss-53/SVN/Repositories/authz-windows". It is searching the path with "//" so it is failing. It should search for path \\iflmuw-vss-53\SVN. The error is coming due to forward and backward slash conflict."

// is invalid for a UNC path. You can escape the slashes in your
Apache configuration, or wrap it in quotes.

But your next problem will be permissions. Then locking (it may not be
a problem today, but possibly in the future).

We have a saying around my office: If you don't do it right the first
time, how will you have time to do it a second time?

RE: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by Vinit Tripathi <vi...@oracle.com>.
Ivan, Andy

Thanks for the help.
We have solved the problem and installed visualSvn successfully.

Regards,
Vinit

Vinit Tripathi | Associate Consultant | +91 22 67188099 (O) +91 9833136155 (M)
Banking Products Division, Oracle Financial Services
Mumbai , India
Oracle Financial Services Software Limited was formerly i-flex solutions limited.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Vinit Tripathi
<vi...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> We don't have space at local drive so using local drive is not a option for me.
> Here is my observation regarding the Error.
>
> " While trying to install VisualSVN Server  got invalid path error. It is searching
> for path "//iflmuw-vss-53/SVN/Repositories/authz-windows". It is searching the
> path with "//" so it is failing. It should search for path \\iflmuw-vss-53\SVN. The
> error is coming due to forward and backward slash conflict."

VisualSVN Server older than 2.0.x requires read/write access for all
parent directories of repositories (nasty Apache behavior). This
problem was fixed in VisualSVN Server 2.0
So make sure that you are using latest VisualSVN Server or configure
permissions for \\iflmuw-vss-53\SVN directory too.

--
Ivan Zhakov
VisualSVN Team

Re: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

RE: Error in installing SVN.

Re: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.

RE: Error in installing SVN.

Posted by "Srilakshmanan, Lakshman" <la...@police.vic.gov.au>.
Hi Vinit,

Firstly, this is a "Subversion" User Group, not "VisualSVN".

Secondly, your error states "Invalid file path
Y:/Repositories/htpasswd", you may want to submit your request to
VisualSVN User Group

Thanks
Lakshman

________________________________

I am trying to install SVN and getting attached error(Attached file).

My Y drive is a network drive with full access rights.

Please let me know if it is a BUG. I will report the same.

Vinit

Vinit Tripathi | Associate Consultant | +91 22 67188099 (O) +91
9833136155 (M)
Banking Products Division, Oracle Financial Services
Mumbai , India

Oracle Financial Services Software Limited was formerly i-flex solutions
limited.

Email Id: vinit.tripathi@oracle.com <ma...@oracle.com>

EMAIL DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may also be subject to copyright.

If you are not an intended recipient of this email please immediately contact us by replying
to this email and then delete this email.

You must not read, use, copy, retain, forward or disclose this email or any attachment.

We do not accept any liability arising from or in connection with unauthorised use or disclosure
of the information contained in this email or any attachment.

We make reasonable efforts to protect against computer viruses but we do not accept liability
for any liability, loss or damage caused by any computer virus contained in this email.