Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2003/03/04 09:37:33 UTC

response.sendRedirect(" " ); question

I have a .jsp page which has the following contents:

/
------------------------------------
<%
	// if the user is not authenticated, we need to send them to the login
page
	if(session.getAttribute("USER_AUTHORIZED") == null ||
session.getAttribute("USER_AUTHORIZED").equals("false"))
    	{
		response.sendRedirect("/login/Login.jsp");
  	}
%>

authenticated </p>
/

Now if the USER_AUTHORIZED attribute is not set, it will enter the if
block and get redirected to the login.jsp page. The browser shows me
the content of the body page after the if block instead. Does after
getting redirected the call returns to this page and completes the
processing of this page ?

This used to work in Tomcat 3.XX i recently upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.18
.. is there some change in the behaviour of response.sendRedirect () ?

thanks.