Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Paquin, Brian" <br...@yale.edu> on 2015/07/16 20:28:02 UTC

An incompatible version of APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed.

I tried upgrading from Tomcat 8.0.14 to 8.0.24 over the weekend and could not get it working (using Tomcat Native)… Here is what I see in catalina.out:
———
SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init An incompatible version 1.1.31 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat requires version 1.1.32

SEVERE [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore Failed to load keystore type JKS with path /var/root/.keystore due to /var/root/.keystore (No such file or directory)
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/root/.keystore (No such file or directory)

SEVERE [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8443"]
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/root/.keystore (No such file or directory)

SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
———
Here are the steps I performed in the upgrade (Mac running OS 10.9.5):

### upgrade APR
cd /usr/local/src/apr-1.5.2
./configure
make
sudo make install
### upgrade OpenSSL
cd /usr/local/src/openssl-1.0.1p
./configure darwin64-x86_64-cc
make
make test
sudo make install
openssl version
### compile Native
cd /usr/local/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/bin/
tar -xvf tomcat-native.tar.gz
cd tomcat-native-1.1.33-src/jni/native/
./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/ --with-java-home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home
make
sudo make install

Did not see any errors in the compiling that stopped the build of APR, OpenSSL, or Native…
Copied server.xml, tomcat-users.xml, setenv.sh, 2 libraries for db access, and SSL certificates over to the new Tomcat instance.
Started new Tomcat instance. Opened browser and connected to Manager. Deployed WAR files.
Upon opening an application that needed SSL, the browser just stalled.
Looking in catalina.out, I saw the errors posted above…

Thoughts?

Brian

Re: An incompatible version of APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Brian,

On 7/16/15 1:28 PM, Paquin, Brian wrote:
> I tried upgrading from Tomcat 8.0.14 to 8.0.24 over the weekend and
> could not get it working (using Tomcat Native)… Here is what I see
> in catalina.out: ——— SEVERE [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init An incompatible
> version 1.1.31 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is
> installed, while Tomcat requires version 1.1.32
>
> SEVERE [main]
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore Failed
> to load keystore type JKS with path /var/root/.keystore due to
> /var/root/.keystore (No such file or directory)
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/root/.keystore (No such file or
> directory)
>
> SEVERE [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Failed to
> initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
> ["http-nio-8443"] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /var/root/.keystore (No such file or directory)
>
> SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal
> Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
> org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize
> component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]] ——— Here are the steps I
> performed in the upgrade (Mac running OS 10.9.5):
>
> ### upgrade APR cd /usr/local/src/apr-1.5.2 ./configure make sudo
> make install ### upgrade OpenSSL cd /usr/local/src/openssl-1.0.1p
> ./configure darwin64-x86_64-cc make make test sudo make install
> openssl version ### compile Native cd
> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/bin/ tar -xvf tomcat-native.tar.gz
>  cd tomcat-native-1.1.33-src/jni/native/ ./configure
> --with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/
> --with-java-home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Con
tents/Home

make
> sudo make install
>
> Did not see any errors in the compiling that stopped the build of
> APR, OpenSSL, or Native… Copied server.xml, tomcat-users.xml,
> setenv.sh, 2 libraries for db access, and SSL certificates over to
> the new Tomcat instance. Started new Tomcat instance. Opened
> browser and connected to Manager. Deployed WAR files. Upon opening
> an application that needed SSL, the browser just stalled. Looking
> in catalina.out, I saw the errors posted above…
>
> Thoughts?

Do you still have an older version of tcnative installed in wherever
"make install" drops the .dylib files? (I never use "make install"...
I always copy the files into a directory local to the Tomcat
installation).

If you have multiple versions, please move the old version out of the
way and try again.

- -chris