Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by William Jiang <Wi...@manwin.com> on 2013/07/04 23:55:07 UTC

any feedback of upgrading cloudstack from 3.0.2 to 4.1 with xenserver 6.0.2 hosts

Hi,
We have a plan to upgrade  cloudstack 3.0.2 to 4.1, we use xenserver 6.0.2 as host servers.
Did anyone have run the same upgrade path? Any  issues or comments will be great appreciated.

For xenserver 6.0.2(with XS602E001 and XS602E002 updates), can we keep this version or it's better  upgrade to xenserver 6.1.

Thanks,
William
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.

RE: any feedback of upgrading cloudstack from 3.0.2 to 4.1 with xenserver 6.0.2 hosts

Posted by William Jiang <Wi...@manwin.com>.
Hi France and all,
Thanks for the previous response.
We had successfully upgraded our cloudstack from 3.0.2 to 4.1.
Now we want to upgrade our xenserver from 6.0.2 to 6.1.
As we have a xenserver pool with 4 hosts and about 30 VMs, if there is a way that we can live migrate the xenserver, that means we don't need to unmanage cluster(for my understanding, unmanage cluster will shutdown/suspend all vms on it but we want them to be running ) or stop the cloudstack.

Thanks,
William

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
Hi,